Got a lot on your shoulders? Join us Saturday, March 17, for a FREE clinic on shoulder injury prevention and rehabilitation from Barracudas swimmer, Lee O'Connor, PT, OCS, Cert MDT. The clinic will cover:
- Anatomy and mechanics of the shoulder including the rotator cuff muscles, scapular stabilizing muscles and shoulder joint
- Causes of pain while swimming including tendonitis, bursitis, shoulder impingement and inflammatory pain
- How shoulder flexibility and stability allow for greater force production, improved performance and protection against shoulder injury
- Stretching exercises to maintain good shoulder mechanics and prevent against pain and injuries
- Exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff, stabilize the entire shoulder and improve performance (go faster!).
COFFEE WILL BE PROVIDED.